Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Am I Going to Have to Do This the "Old-Fashioned" Way?

We were ready. We had the bag packed, the cameras ready, the babysitter on the way...I had my waterproof mascara on and my hair straightened (hoping it would survive the events of the day). We were 5 minutes from heading out the door to have our baby! We were scheduled to be induced this morning at 7am.
But...somehow a whole herd of pregnant women decided to gang up on the maternity ward at the hospital and all have babies last night/today. They were totally booked this morning and I couldn't go in for the induction. Definitely a let down, as Sean and I had almost came to the realization that we were having our 3rd child today.
The real bummer (to me) is that the earliest my doctor could reschedule is for next Tuesday.
Well...there's always the good old-fashioned way...I can just go into labor! So, I had some jalapenos for breakfast and Sean is suggesting jumping jacks. Nah, just kidding (although I really did have some fresh jalapenos from our yard this morning!).
On the bright side, maybe we'll have a name for this girl by then! 

6 comments:

Us said...

Oh man...that is a bummer. I'm sorry. Maybe God was protecting you from a bad experience or something! Hope you're not too uncomfortable.

Drake Hawkins said...

Yeah but maybe there was a bigger reason why it wasn't today? You never know what God's got going on.

Alison said...

That would be great if you could go into labor! I didn't really like being induced (but had to be because I had low amniotic fluid). Hope your labor and delivery are very smooth!

Mrs Mary Scott said...

How disappointing for y'all! Oh well, maybe she will come on her own before next Tuesday. Good Luck! Y'all are in my prayers!

Kris said...

I wasn't fond of induction, so walk around the block a few times...maybe you can convince her being out is good!

adreed said...

You could always try a castor oil milkshake! Guaranteed to start contractions!!!