Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Change of Plans

 

Sean, Berkeley, and I spent 8 hours at the hospital today doing preop activities...lots of fun stuff, like x-rays, echocardiograms, EKG's, blood draw, and more! Berkeley got her stamp of approval on having surgery tomorrow. Later this evening, we got a call from the nurse telling us that Berkeley had gotten bumped from the schedule on Thursday (some little baby needed surgery more immediately than her). The nurse said that it wouldn't be Friday, either...but I'm praying that something will open up. I was so hoping to have the surgery before Spring break and have that whole week off as she recovers.
Right now we're just waiting for a call to let us know when the surgery will be. I figure it doesn't hurt to ask God to get us in sooner than later!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Drake Hawkins said...

We heard tonight in Home Group, sorry to hear that. But I can't keep from thinking that maybe she wasn't supposed to be in there tomorrow for some reason unknown to us.

Unknown said...

I truely believe that God has some reason for this delay, I am praying for you all, keep me posted! She is so beautiful, and seems so very happy! I love you guys, I hope they can do the surgery Friday so you can have all next week with her! "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (I LOVE Romans!!)

Kris said...

sorry to hear this news. Hopefully Friday will work, unexpectedly.

Praying for you guys!