Thursday, January 8, 2009

Every smile is a gift

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."
Proverbs 15:30

Berkeley's smiles can always make my day. But today's smiles were even more special, because they were an answered prayer. I told Sean, "be sure to tell me if she smiles today, because I prayed that she would feel good enough to smile!"
She hadn't been feeling good enough to smile or even interact much at all, and she had a pretty rough morning. I was relieved when Sean reported that she was alert for 2 hours and gave him some good smiles this afternoon. When I got to the hospital after school, she made my day with a sweet little smile just for mommy! Thank God for that little bit of encouragement!

The verse at the top took on a different meaning. I'd always thought of it as the one with the cheerful look having joy in their own heart. Now that I'm a mom, I know how much the expression of someone you love can affect your heart.

I hope to have more good news to share with you soon!

No comments: